Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Silas - Journal #1 (Peru)
 

It's hard to believe it's only been a week since we landed in Lima.

Everything has changed. 

I have seen what lurks in the darkness.  The monster under the bed.  It is far more terrifying than I could have possibly imagined.

A whole new world lays before me and it is full of blood and fear, and yet, I am consumed with curiosity.  If this is true, what else might be true?  Is there equally blinding light to counter the oppressive darkness?  A part of me yearns to dive in head first and see what this new world has to offer.  Is it possible to contact the beyond?  To talk to the dead?  Is it possible to talk to my Jenny and make up for past mistakes?  On the other hand, a part of me fears that I will succumb to the darkness and drown in it.  We are close to the pyramid and have a guide that will lead us there.  I guess we'll find out in the next few days.  Will I be able to resist, or will the darkness suck me dry?

No comments:

Post a Comment