Monday, June 19, 2023

 

Professor Arthur Thompson - Journal Entry #2

1921-3-23?

I think it’s the 23rd, but I don’t know. The past few days have shaken my existence. I don’t know what to believe.

Vampires are real. Vampires are real. I can’t say this too many times, vampires are real. It’s one thing to study the occult, but to know the stories are true? I can’t comprehend the things I’ve seen.

The people De Mendoza hurt, now and over the past few centuries, how many? How many lives hurt? He’s still out there, hunting us. He’s turned others and continues to. At least we have the abdomen test, I hope that continues to work. If their stomach is distended, they are possessed. Putting this to paper sounds crazier than it does in my head. If I don’t make it, and someone else is reading this, please know that I tell the truth. I think I do.

A nice family has taken us in for the night after saving their son. The father has promised to lead us to the pyramid. I can only hope that he isn’t one of them, and we are being led to slaughter or possession. Which is worse? Do the people stay trapped in their bodies, watching the demon do horrible things? Do they die and the creature takes over like a puppet master? Are those people walking corpses? I have to put this out of my mind, or I’ll be sick.

I’ve seen so much, but I must finish this. Maybe we can find the source of the evil and stop it. If not, the demon may follow us to our homes and establish a foothold.

I need a good night’s rest. I hope this is not my last entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment